Monday, July 23, 2012

Birthday Celebrations

   Another busy week has flown by...who ever knew that life could be so busy being a stay-at-home mom! By the time everyone left last weekend and after being sick for about a week and having severe lack of sleep, my energy was completely spent along with my motivation.  It was my plan to get up Monday and spend all day cleaning my dirty apartment; however, I ended up going to my sister's house in West Jordan for the day because Collin was going up that way for work anyway. I've still not quite adjusted to my sister living 45 minutes away so it is always nice when I get the opportunity to see her. While I am excited to be heading off to graduate school next year, it will be sad when me and my sister live in different states and won't be able to see each other as often. I always have so much fun when we get together! Anyway, Collin and I got home late Monday night and we were up the majority of the rest of the night with Addie so I spent most of Tuesday sleeping when I could. When Wednesday morning rolled along I finally felt like I had enough energy to go work out again. Being sick really set me back in my goal to exercise more, but I could tell the my body needed the rest more. Later that morning some friends of ours invited us to go swimming. It was Addie's first time in the pool and she absolutely loved it!


   Here is a picture of Addie's first time swimming. Although pictures rarely capture her enthusiasm for the outdoors, she loved the water. We had her in the pool for a good 30 minutes before I finally took her out because she looked like she was about to fall asleep. The heat must have worn her out because once we got home she took a good long nap in which time I was able to sew myself a new shirt! I don't have any pictures of it yet but it turned out so cute and it was super easy (post and pictures to come later)!

   Thursday was the beginning of our birthday celebrations! Mine and Collin's birthdays are exactly a week apart so we just celebrate all week long. So far it has included dinner at Red Robins, homemade cheesecake, watching the entire Batman trilogy, new birthday clothes, grilled salmon, and homemade sushi!

   Through all the craziness I finally got around to cleaning my apartment Friday night. It had been several weeks since it was really cleaned and the filth was truly getting the better of me. The rest of the weekend felt much more relaxing being in a clean home... but then again who doesn't feel better in a clean home? Anyway that pretty much sums it up for now. I'll wrap it up with some more cute pictures of Addie, enjoy!






1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am so glad you are feeling better! Can't wait to see the new shirt you made. It's great that you and Hanna can still get together.

    ReplyDelete