Sunday, August 5, 2012

Service

Friday I was asked by a young mother I visit teach if I would come help clean her house. She had been struggling with postpartum depression and was falling behind in her house work. So me and Addie went over to visit with her for a bit and help her do some chores around the house. After leaving her house that day all I could think about was how impressed I was that she was brave enough to ask for help when she needed it. I, like many other people, consider myself to be very independent and rarely ask for help-- I honestly think that that way of thinking is just the culture that we live in. I think we feel like we have to do it all on our own and that asking for help would show our weaknesses. I marvel at this young mother's courage to ask for help and am grateful for the opportunity she gave me to serve her and receive the blessing from serving her. I think it is a trait we all need to have a little more of. Heavenly Father set up various programs and calling in the church for a reason that we may receive help and gain support when needed. I know that everything in this life has a purpose and is divinely inspired. I'm grateful for the church and for it's constant reminder that I don't have to go through the trials of this life alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment